Monday, July 22, 2013

You are amazing

Hi everyone! The weekend really flew by, but on the bright side it's time for another sketch reveal at Let's Get Sketchy. And here's my page based off the sketch
I'm still on my spending freeze, trying to use up a bunch of my older stash. I found these GCD Studios papers "Sterling" and "Comfy" from the Botanique collection designed by Donna Salazar. I really love the lavender and gray tones in these papers. I used a MS border punch around the background then distressed and finished it with dark lavender ink, using black ink randomly. The masking was done using a Prima stencil and thick gesso, dressing it up with a few scattered pearls. I used cardboard under my layers for added dimension.
The beautiful white butterflies I had got from Renea's etsy
She has gorgeous butterflies in every color as well as other goodies that are just perfect for that finishing touch you need.
I turned the sketch counter clockwise
 
For more inspiration please head over to Let's Get Sketchy and check out the fabulous projects the other DT members have created based off this sketch.
Thanks so much for stopping in and any comments you wish to leave! I truly appreciate your time! Have a wonderful day! 
 

7 comments:

  1. WOW Michelle! This is such a beautiful page! I love that photo so much, and your title, too. And I think you ROCKED the sketch - turning it on it's side really worked here! Awesome layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness look at all those yummy elements you used on your page and way to make the sketch yours!! You did a really gj with this!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you turned it! And holy flower elements! You do shabby chic soooooo well! I love the purples and all the layering!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you adapted the sketch! Your layout is amazing! Love the purple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful page, Michelle with such lovely lace, punchwork and flowers to showcase this sweet photo!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle this layout is super gorgeous! I love the punching and paper choices and then you have layered in texture, detail and floral work perfectly~

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Absolutely beautiful layout!!

    ReplyDelete