Monday, July 8, 2013

Let freedom ring

Good morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Here in the U.S. we've just celebrated our independence as a country and keeping with that theme I've done a page for the July week two sketch reveal  at Let's Get Sketchy
The Bo Bunny "Anthem" papers and die cuts I used for my page worked perfectly for the theme. I did some random masking on the background with a CW "Tiny Circles" mask. It kind of reminded me of fireworks streaming down the page. I cut out the hexagons, lightly distressed the edges, and then adhered them with pop dots for dimension.


And this is the fabulous sketch that inspired me...
For even more inspiration head on over to Let's Get Sketchy and see the beautiful creations the other DT members have made to inspire you. Thanks for dropping by!

12 comments:

  1. What an awesome and eye catching layout..the hexagons are so fun and the split photo makes it interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What perfect colors for this past week! Great masking and layering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous take on the sketch! Some of my fav's to work with!!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the texture on this page is fabulous, yes it reminds me of fireworks too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really gorgeous layout, your masking, colours and awesome photo just make this really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love this! Love the way you split the picture, the depth of the color...just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your page is amazing!! I love all the details and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my absolute faves of your layouts! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo ... very Patriotic!! Love your masking. It totally does look like fireworks. And speaking of fireworks, great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you used the Anthem collection on your layout. Awesome take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete