Saturday, June 1, 2013

Love without end

Wow it's the first of June already! It's time for a new challenge at About A Girl. Who doesn't love the frilly feminine touch that using doilies on your projects adds? The current challenge is to do just that; create a layout with a doily (or a few) on your background. And today I'm sharing my page that I've done for the reveal.
I started by paintig my corrugated board with acrylic paint in "linen" once dry I randomly inked it with ColorBox in "antique gold". I added a strip of pretty lace and trim across the top and bottom to soften the look. I distressed my FabScraps paper and slightly curled the edges to tuck my lace and trim in. I used lasercut doilies and a dressform chippie from Gina's Designs. Some random masking was done to the background with a Prima mask and molding paste mixed with a little gold acrylic paint. Then I went around the page dabbing it with gesso to soften and blend it all together. I primed the cute little dressform with gesso then gave it a coat of the linen acrylic paint, and then added a couple dabs of pale pink acrylic paint. Once it dried I inked the edges with TH in Vintage photo. Finally dressing it up a bit with some lace and pearls.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a wonderful day! 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page! Love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the elements you used & the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! This is great! love the details (such as decorated mannequin, lace ...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Michelle! I love all the sweet blossoms and fancy trimmings! Beautiful photo! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such tremendous detail...this is completely engaging, Michelle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful page, love the flower clusters too , great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty work you'de done here!! So many techniques and details for the background, I love them!! My favorite element is the dressform with the lace and pearls, it is very cute ! Well done Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi :) this is such a pretty LO.. so many little details... the dress form is adorable... a big thanks for visiting my blog...

    ReplyDelete