Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Be Unforgettable

Good morning! If you're here for the Keeping the Best reveal please scroll down. Today I have a page to share that I've done for the Frosted Designs blog hop using the sketch they provided and a few of the items/techniques they required. I used at least ten from the list.
 I did some masking on the background with the ledger mask by CW and Shimmerz texturez in Patina. And just a bit of masking with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink and the tiny tiles mask by CW. I inked the edges of the background with the Vintage photo, then randomly went over it with a little gold Rub and Buff. Then using the TH ink and a few of my postage stamps I went around the edges and on my layers. I whitewashed the background and through my clusters with some gesso to blend it all in. I dyed my laces with some tea to age them a bit. There's a few drips and splatters of Tattered Angels in English Ivy and Creme de Chocolate. The pretty green flowers are by Kaisercraft, and the rest are from my stash. I even added a few twigs from  my apple trees for the Scrap for help June challenge.
 I used a few metal embellishments to my clusters, then ran a strand of pearls through to dress it up a bit more. The lasercut doilies are by Gina's Designs.
And here's the Frosted Designs sketch
Thanks for dropping by! Hope you have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

  1. This is so lush and gorgeous, Michelle...Absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, this is absolutely beautiful! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and earthy..love the colors and your clusters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful layout, love the metal elements :) fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous layout!! i love the rustic look, great work. Thank you for joining the FD blog hop. Channa

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout is stunning!! I love the way you layered the photos and the way you curled up the edges of the patterned paper! Thank you for joining us for the Frosted Designs Blog Hop!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done!
    Really liked; congratulations talent :)
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page; everything on it flows together with great unity. Thanks for entering it in Scrap for Help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is just gorgeous and all those yummy layers! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap 4 Help :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors - so earthy and your layering! Thank you for playing along with Scrap for Help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing page! Thank you for playing at Scrap for Help.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing page! Thank you for playing at Scrap for Help.

    ReplyDelete