Tuesday, June 4, 2013

In the garden

 Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing the page that I've done for the Keeping the Best sketch #61 reveal. We've got a fabulous sketch to get you inspired.
I used papers from Prima's Fairy Rhymes and Authentique's Lovely collections. I whitewashed the papers with some gesso to tone them down and get a bit of a shabby feel. Using a 3rd Eye butterfly stamp on the background as well, then going back over it with a bit more gesso to try to make it look more like it was already on the paper. Then I went over my layers randomly with a CW mask and Tim Holtz ink in Vintage Photo. I used some photos of a few of my roses that are in my garden. I just love roses; I have seven bushes in my gardens. In my gardens is one of my favorite places to be. I'm entering this with The Memory Nest for their Whimsical Wednesday #6. You can link up any layout or card, new or old that's a favorite of yours to share.
I added some Gina's Designs chickenwire chippies that I simply darkened with the Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink. And the cute little metal gardening tool charms seemed like a perfect addition.
 
And here's the wonderful sketch we have to inspire you from Keeping the Best
Hope you get the chance to join us! Thanks so much for stopping in! 

5 comments:

  1. Love your page. Great take on the sketch and beautiful flowers (both real and embellishments. Hope you will share it on Whimsical Wednesday tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you decided to link up to Whimsical Wednesday! Visit again soon!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love the way you clustered your embellishments so artfully. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exquisite layer and elments! A truly spectacular page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the floral cluster and cute little charms.

    ReplyDelete