Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Mr. Wonderful

Hello there! This will be a quick little post. I wanted to share a layout the I've done for the Creative Scrappers challenge #225. The fun sketch was designed by Jenny Evans. And this is the sketch:
 
 
And this is my take:
 
 
I used my  September's Scraps of Darkness kit for this layout. I applied gesso to the corrugated board and allowed to dry. Then I applied black ink. I distressed all my layers and inked the edges. On the background I used a Tim Holtz mask and Tattered Angels "Slate", then splattered white acrylic paint. I also used a Crafter's Workshop "tile" mask with modeling paste. Here are a few close ups...
 

The metal gears are Tim Holtz. The gray gears are from Renea's etsy shop. And the screw brads came in the kit.


 
I think this is the first time that I've done a layout without putting a single flower on it. I was really tempted to though. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by! Thanks so much!

2 comments:

  1. Love your work with all the mediums..absolutely stunning! I had to smile, I'm working on the same sketch and I just thought..ummm I didn't put a flower on it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this sketch bookmarked, as I totally want to work with it too. Really love what you've done with it. You inspire me to get good and messy with my supplies :)

    ReplyDelete