Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Merry Little Christmas for Reneabouquets

Good morning! I hope you are having a great week so far. Today I'm sharing my Christmas in July layout using quite a few gorgeous items from Reneabouquets.com. I wanted to go a bit shabby, but with the traditional Christmas colors so I dug deep into my stash and found some Bo Bunny "Rejoice" collection and a piece of Prima's ledger paper.
After giving the Prima paper a thin coat of clear gesso I tore it into 3 sections, layering them on the base, then adding a bit of stenciling, stamping, and splatters of white acrylic paint as well as Tattered Angel's in Garden Fairy, Timberline, and Red Tulips. Next I added some lace into the layers. I lightly pounced some white gesso on all the flowers, leaves, and pine needle die cuts, adding Glitter Glass to give them a bit of frosty snow. 
The chipboard pieces under the photo got two coats of white gesso to give it a rougher texture, and once dried I went over it with a little Rub 'N Buff in Antique Gold. The dangling ornaments were inked with MementoLuxe in Love Letter, adding red Glitter Glass to sort of mimic those ornaments that everyone's Grandma had on the tree. The star bits were dressed up with gold Glitter Glass, leaving some of the edges showing for a more distressed feel. I finished out the clusters with a bit of bling using Beautiful Beads Candy in red, and Beautiful Beads Moonstone because they reminded me of the snow globe in the photo. I will put a complete list with links at the bottom for your convenience. 
The resin frame also received a coat of white gesso and gold rub 'n buff to help tie it in.
I hope you like it and are maybe a little inspired to create your own Christmas in July project.
Here is the list I promised. 

Thanks so much for popping in and letting me share with you today. I appreciate you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment