I have been nominated by Darcy at Our house of E to participate in the Liebster Award! How awesome is that? I'm really honored.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is a way to bring attention to these blogs and build the blogging community. The meaning of Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I will begin by sharing the rules:
1.Thank the blogger who nominates you.
2.Answer the 10 questions she/he asks of you.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5.Ask these 10 bloggers 10 questions of your own.
6.Let them know you have nominated them.
My 11 random facts, some of which very few people know :
1. I love hot/spicy food.
2. I have 1 sister and 1 brother, I'm the oldest.
3. My favorite actor is Liam Neeson.
4. I love roller coasters, but oddly enough I'm afraid of heights.
5. My favorite color is purple, but I've never scrapped with it.
6. I love to bake. I used to be a cake decorator part-time.
7. I have 2 babies waiting for me in heaven.
8. I would love to travel more.
9. I have a Sportster 1200, and love to go riding with my husband.
10. I'm a Virgo. I don't really get into the daily horoscope reading, but most of the characteristics associated with the sign really do apply to me.
11. I listen to Classic Rock while I scrap.
Here are the questions Darcy asked:
1. What brought you to the scrap world? The birth of our daughter. I received a scrapbook as a shower gift.
2. What is your favourite embellishment? Definitely flowers, I find it hard to not use them.
3. What is your least favourite new trend? I struggle with the geometrical shapes like triangles.
4. What is the last movie you watched and would you recommend it? I haven't seen any new releases lately. But I watched "P.S. I love you" again a couple nights ago. I think it's one of my favorites.
5. Do you enjoy reading? Yes, I'm an avid reader.
6. What languages can you speak? I took 4 years of Spanish, but I'm getting a little rusty.
7. What is your favourite outdoor activity? Horseback riding, especially up in the mountains.
8. Do you enjoy gardening? Yes, flower gardening. I've tried vegetable gardening with not much luck. If I had to feed my family I'm afraid we'd starve.
9. Are you an animal lover? Yes, we have dogs, cats, and horses.
10. How far do you live from your childhood home? Almost 600 miles south.
The 10 blogs that I've chosen to nominate are:
Brenshevia- A Little Piece of Me
Debbie- Telling Our Story
Eve- Crafty Secrets
Lainie- Paper and Passementerie
Lisa- The Paper Attic
Melissa-Yesterday, Today, Forever
Monica- Happy Scrappn 2
Robin- Empty Nest Scrapbooker
And my questions for the above ladies are:
1. If you could meet 1 famous person (alive or deceased) who would you want that be?
2. What place would you most like to visit?
3. What is your "must have" tool when scrapping?
4. If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would that be?
5. What is your least favorite color to scrap with?
6. Do you listen to music or do you prefer quiet while you're creating?
7. Describe yourself in three words.
8. What is your favorite movie?
9. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
10. Share a photo of your favorite project.
I hope the ladies nominated will participate =)