Monday, April 8, 2013

My first card

If you're here for the Let's Get Sketchy reveal please scroll down.
Hi there! Hope everyone had a great weekend. The weather here was beautiful, I was able to spend some time outdoors cleaning out my flower beds, getting them ready. Anyways, for a while now I've been thinking about trying my hand at making a card. I've never tried before, then I seen the current sketch at Cardabilities, and had to finally try it out. I kept it close to the sketch and fairly simple. So here's my very first card
 I used scraps I had from Teresa Collins and Webster's papers. The hearts are made from a die- I think it's a Cuttlebug. The flowers and lace are from my stash. I misted the lace with Shimmerz Vibez in Princess to give it that pretty lavender color. I'm also submitting it to Pin and Tack's anything goes challenge this month.
And here's the fun Cardabilities sketch #72 that I based my card from 
Thanks for coming by to peek at my card! I truly appreciate your time and comments! Have a great day!
 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely first card....I love the flowers and buds...the papers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the heart and flowers clusters :)
    thanks for playing along at Cardabilities:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done in your first creation! Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog..I love this card..Full of pretty spring colors..Love the clusters. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card! Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous card, Michelle!! I can't believe it's your first!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woww, great card!
    Love the bunch of flowers :)

    Thanks for playing along a cardabilities!

    vera

    ReplyDelete