Monday, November 26, 2012

Sisters *Let's Get Sketchy Reveal*

Good morning! Today is Monday and that means another awesome sketch was revealed at Let's Get Sketchy this morning. Here is this week's sketch:
I flipped the sketch and came up with this:
I decided to do a layout with a recent photo of my sister and I. I used papers from Carta Bella "Beautiful Moments" collection. I love their papers, they have beautiful prints and their heavy weight makes them perfect for mixed media and distressing. I handcut the scallops on my circular layer, I thought scallops would add to the girly feel I wanted. I distressed all my layers and randomly punched with one of my Martha Stewart border punches.
The glasswing butterflies are from Kay's Creative Corner etsy. I used a prima acrylic stamp and Stazon in "jet black" to stamp randomly on my layers. Using a mask and black acrylic paint mixed with molding paste, I added a little more texture.

The rub on is from KaiserCraft. The flowers are a mixture from Prima and handmade. The leaves I made using Spellbinders "Foliage" dies and my Big Shot.


Thanks so much for allowing me to share with you today! I really appreciate your time and comments! For even more inspiration please stop by Let's Get Sketchy and see the beautiful creations the DT has put together. I'd love to see you come play along with us.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout!!! I love all the punch work and your details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such gorgeous details to your layout! Love how you flipped the sketch! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty gorgeous layout! Love all the flower clusters and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, this is gorgeous! Such fabulous detail!

    ReplyDelete