Friday, May 27, 2022

This Moment

 Good morning, crafty friends! My daughter recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Tennessee and I couldn't be more proud of her accomplishments. She sent me some pictures from her graduate photo shoot and I wanted to get started scrapping them right away. The current sketch from Let's Get Sketchy inspired my first layout. 

I did quite a bit of fussy cutting using the Vicki Boutin "Wildflower & Honey" collection. It's an older line, but it's new to me and I couldn't resist the designs in this pack. I picked it up for a steal recently at my local Tuesday Morning store. I fussy cut the black shapes from the Hive paper, inked the edges, and mounted them on thin cardboard for a bit of dimension. All I had to do to the background was add some stenciling with modeling paste and a few splatters of acrylic paint. Easy Peasy. The layers under the photo were also mounted on cardboard. Most of the flowers and ephemera are from Prima and Tim Holtz, along with a few leafy die cuts using my Sizzix. The whole layout seemed to come together so easily once the fussy cutting was done. That's the great thing about sketches. Here are a few close ups.
And here is the May sketch from Let's Get Sketchy that jump started my layout.
Thanks so much for coming by and letting me share with you! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!












4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your page! Thanks for playing along with us at Let's get sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! I love, love, love your take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, Congratulations to your daughter for Graduating!! And WOW, this layout is breathtaking.. The idea of using the fussy cut Hive shapes is way beyond my comfort zone.. Amazing! Thank you for sharing this, you've actually inspired me! - LGS DT Toni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh congratulations to your daughter,, a proud moment for you all.. beautiful layout, love the flower clusters and gorgeous photo!!

    ReplyDelete