Monday, May 2, 2022

Bloom

Hello, my creative friends! I'm back today with a new layout that I created for the current challenge over at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. The challenge was to create something showing contrasts, like the changing of seasons such as wintery grays and browns giving way to the warmer colors of spring.  I chose to focus on the warm yellows and gold with splashes of pink on a gray background. I also chose to include the contrast between distressed, torn edges with a worn feel and straight, crisp edges as well as a couple fussy cut frames and butterflies. I hope I understood the challenge correctly.

                                                                    
 A few close ups of some of the details and layers.


 

                            
I'm still rusty, this being only my second layout since my 6 year hiatus.  However it was a lot of fun taking the challenge and the perfect motivation I needed. Maybe you can join in also :) Here's the link again just in case The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share with you! I hope you have a wonderful week.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL layout!! You don't look one bit rusty to me; nope, not at all!
    This layout has such stunning contrast- definitely a wonderful addition to The Funkie Junkie Boutique's Blog share page! Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.. love the layers..

    ReplyDelete