Monday, August 25, 2014

The only reason

Good morning! It's reveal time at Let's Get Sketchy and so I have my inspiration page to share with you. As soon as I seen the sketch I knew right away what I wanted to do, so I grabbed the Authentique "Suave" papers that I've been hoarding  saving and went to work. And this is what I came up with.
 I started by giving all the edges of my layers a sloppy punch job using a doily lace border punch by Martha Stewart. I achieved the look I wanted by putting the paper edges half way through the punch and changing the angle of the punch each time. After placing my first three layers down I gave the background a little stamping with a Kaisercraft script stamp and Colorbox black ink. And for some added texture I splattered the background with white and black acrylic paint. Then using the same border punch I created two white strips to mimic the lace I was using and help define the photo strip. The wooden birdcage I placed between my photos I happened to find at Hobby Lobby in a pack of six. The pearls are from Recollections, as well as some of the flowers I used. The lace and the stamens I tucked in my cluster are from my stash.
 And here's our fabulous sketch this week

Now it's your turn to work the sketch and I can't wait to see your creations. Be sure to link your projects here under the week 4 link. Thanks so much for dropping in! I truly appreciate your time a lovely comments. Hope you have a creative day!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Michelle page! I really like how used paper lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the photos and the flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...this is just gorgeous! So classy and timeless!

    ReplyDelete