Friday, March 15, 2013

...I will follow

Good morning! It's finally friday! And there's a new recipe revealed at The Paper Mixing Bowl where I'm guest designing this month. Here's what the new recipe looks like...

And here's what I cooked up...
For this page I used lace, feathers, gold paint which I used to stamp, charms, and I think that the background can be considered predominately green. I used the peeled wallpaper technique from Renea's tutorial on the Scraps of Darkness site. I don't think it turned out too bad for my first try- I'll keep working on it though. My laptop crashed and was down for a few days so I lost all my links. I'm still trying to recover everything- as soon as I get the link for the tutorial I'll post it. I have a few close-ups of some of the details...
For my charms I chose a clover and a Claddagh (which is commonly seen on Irish rings and the design represents love, friendship, and loyalty. Traditionally they are handed down from Mother to Daughter or Grandmother to Granddaughter.)
I used the lyrics from the U2 song "I will follow" which is about a mother's unconditional love.
Thanks for taking the time to come by and allowing me to share this with you! I truly appreciate it! Have a wonderful day!
 

3 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Mixing Bowl. Great Irish Pieces. I used the triquestra for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting, colorful, did not know before about the Irish rings. Sooooo please!!!
    So sorry I can not help with the computer - they are not very much about.I hope you will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, this is a super layout, I am a big fan of U2 aswell, love the song!I feel with you about the computer. Mine crashed last weekend and I lost almost everything, because I am to lasy to make back-ups, grr.
    I love the colorcombi on this one. I think I am going to look at the paper mixing bowl, see or it is fun there to play along. Bye bye, have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete