Monday, January 7, 2013

Her Royal Cheekiness

Good morning! This month in the forums at the Flying Unicorn, Tammy is hosting a "swirls and twirls" challenge. The requirement is to use at least three different types of swirls- aka flourishes- on your project. Here's a list to name a few: bling, stamped, masked, chippy, doodled, and diecut. For my layout there are flourishes on my Dusty Attic chipboard frame, my Cheery Lynn diecuts, and the  small flourishes I made using wire and lavender beads.
I used Prima's "Sweet Fairy" collection for this layout. One more collection used that I've been hoarding- yay! I've done some stamping, inking, embossing, and used a few Martha Stewart border punches. 
For the DA frame, I sprayed it with "popcicle" by Tattered Angels. Experimenting, I used a mask and gesso to add a little interest. Then inked a few of the edges with Stazon black. I then dabbed a bit of Lavender Stickles to dress it up so it didn't seem too grungy. Then to finish it out, I smoothed on a thin layer of Crackle Effects with my finger. The thin layer gave it just a subtle crackle that I wanted.

On the diecut swirls I added a touch of "star dust" stickles. They really sparkle irl. And I added my handmade bead swirls to my clusters.
You can see some of my stamping that I did randomly on the background. And the chipboard crown from Fabscraps that I inked gold then embossed with Ranger's Ancient Gold embossing powder in "Enchanted Gold", topping it off with a little bling.
Thanks so much for dropping in and letting me share this layout with you. I hope you have a terrific day!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun and gorgeous layout! Love the silhouette! Beautiful job Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous page, beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely page, MIchelle, for this sweet photo. Love how you used the flourishes!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh WOW! I love every little detail. This is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beyond gorgeous. The fussy cut photo and all those flowers...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one, Michelle! I love that frame, and your title, so cute! Gorgeous work with the flowers, this is such a magical page!!

    ReplyDelete