Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Cutie

Hello! Today I have a layout that I've done based off the Creative Scrappers #237 sketch and combined it with Frosted Designs 12 days of Christmas challenge day 5 which required you to use 5 gold things on your project. Here is the sketch:
And my layout:
I found these photos of Makara when she was just three years old. She went through a phase where if you told her to smile she'd start making funny faces instead- very hard to get good photos. For this layout I used some of the Basic Grey "Wassail" collection. Slowly I'm using up all my older stash. On the background I used molding paste and a mask, then applied glitter while it was still wet.

For my 5 gold things I've used: gold bells, gold berries, gold liquid pearls, gold ink, and a gold sticker in the upper left corner.

For the Christmas chipboard I used "Red Velvet" Tattered Angels', then heat embossed them. Then to dress them up a little more I swiped them using "Ruby Slippers" Stickles with my finger.

 
Thanks for coming by and allowing me to share with you. Hope you have a great day!
 

7 comments:

  1. What a stunning LO!! She sure is a cutie!! Love the glittered modeling paste!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is absolutely beautiful Michelle! What adorable photos! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous layout!!! Love the photos and the embellies!! Thanks for joining us for Day 5 of the 12 Days of Christmas Challenges at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle :) wow, this is a stunning layout, I love all the gorgeous flowers and greenery :) have a wonderful weeeknd... ( Im a new follower to your blog) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I just love the way you added the texture and dimension to the background cardstock! Thanks for joining our Christmas challenges at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet photos! Our son and grandson did this exact thing... and I agree... it made is quite challenging to get a "good" photo!
    Your layout is gorgeous and the colors stunning. Love the masking technique and wonderful embellies and all the little extra touches you added.
    Love this page! :)

    ReplyDelete